Located in the historic Petticoat Lane, Penola, South, Davidson Cottage circa 1860, was built on land purchased from Alexander Cameron (Mary MacKillop's uncle). It was made with pit-sawn timber and a shingle roof. In the 1890's the cottage was leased by the Anglican church for use as a Rectory. The building was purchased and restored by the Penola branch of the National Trust in 1987. The cottage has recently been refurbished and officially opened in October 2009.